What is visa for Cambodia / (Cambodia e visa)
The Cambodian e-Visa can be applied for on the internet with less trouble. For regular travelers on business or tourism, they are necessary to get their visas at the Cambodian consulate, or on arrival at the international airport.
Tourists going to Cambodia will get a visa upon arrival at both Siem Reap as well as Phnom Penh International Airports, while those traveling from Thailand will have their visa at Poipet and Cham Yeam places, and vacationers from Vietnam coming in through Ka-Om Samnor or Bavet will need to have their visas from a Cambodian Embassy just before arrival.
But now, the Cambodian government has made processes much easier with introduction of e-Visas, everything can be done online, and it takes less than 24 hours. Even though you’ll be required to pay for a typical 89EUR visa payment. This is a considerable fee thinking about the number of hours and sweet it’ll help you save if you get in line for a visa.
Where to have a Cambodian visa
Prior to getting a Cambodian visa, you need to first make a decision the kind of visa you would like. There are lots of visa types available, included in this are: Business visa, Tourist Visa, Diplomatic visa and e-Visa. The different types of visa have to be obtained at the Cambodian embassy, airport, or at the border while crossing, aside from the e-Visa, which is gotten on the internet.
Acquiring a Cambodian visa from the embassy needs a lot of time and effort, and in some cases, people have to go long distances to get to the embassy. Acquiring a visa at the land border or the airport can also be a tough process, as it might need lots of payments and bribes in some instances.
Then again, having a Cambodian e-Visa is a much easier process, it doesn’t require much time and standing for long hours. Once you request for the e-Visa, you will receive it upfront. The e-Visa was introduced in 2006 to make the process of visa application quicker and simpler. This visa lasts for three months, having a maximum stay of one month.
Benefits associated with obtaining a Cambodian e-Visa
- •You will not have to go to the Cambodian embassy, you can fill out an application on the web everywhere you are
- •No need for joining long queues
- •The process is safe, well planned and fast, and you are guaranteed of receiving your visa just before arrival at Cambodia
- •You have the choice of calling the customer support staff in case you require any help
visa application form Cambodia requirements
The Cambodian e-Visa prerequisites include:
- •It is available to every country except Algeria, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Iraq and Iran.
- •The visa can be used upon entry into Cambodia, but you’ll need to process another application when visiting again
- •It is valid for 3 months, starting from the day it was given to you
- •Your passport should be at least 6 months before its expiry date
- •Passport must have at least two empty pages for stamping by the immigration department
- •International travelers are necessary to get an on-journey ticket or a return ticket
How to apply for the visa
To secure a visa for Cambodia, you’ll need to submit an application on the web via the application portal at https://go-cambodia-online.com, where you’ll be required to fill in your information (name, gender, country), passport data, and personal address.
More on: visa application form Cambodia